I Am A Professional

Leave a Comment
By the time you're reading this, I'm probably in the middle of my very first job interview, crawling and stuttering my way into the next word I'm going to say. Because I must admit, in contrast with the title, I'm NOT THAT professional.

When I got scheduled for this interview, the first thing that popped in my head is the question: "What is your biggest weakness?"

Well, I have a lot of weaknesses. I get weak over fatty and junk food, drinks full of sugar, really cute guys who turn out to be gay, coffee, the internet, etc.

But of course, I'm not going to answer those things on my job interview. So while I was showering before I went to bed, I asked myself: "What is my biggest weakness?"

I got so anxious over finding the answer before my big interview, then I found out the answer.

I get so anxious all the time.

I get anxious when I'm talking to my professors, when I'm reporting, when I pass my homework, when I'm in the middle of my very first job interview...

So the next thing I asked myself is: "How do I get over this?"

The best answer, right now, is to be professional about it. Getting over your weakness, I've learned, is the best way to practice professionalism. It takes time, of course. Being professional enough to not show your bosses that you're dying with nervousness inside, being professional enough to make it look like your OCD is normal, being professional enough to make dinuguan look like a decent office lunch. In everything you do, make it look and sound professional.

Because in our deepest selves, we will always make mistakes. We're not perfect, but we can be professional about it.

Does that sound professional enough?
Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment