Dear Wonderwall,

Leave a Comment
I'm young. I was in love, I was full of hope, and I was full of expectations.

I'm immature. I was broken, I was crushed, I was disappointed.

Was. I think I'm confident enough to say that I've had enough of you, legitimately. Is this what it feels like? To just wake up one day, read a message from you, and realize that my heart is still beating as fast as it was, my brain doesn't feel any tingles, and my stomach doesn't have any butterflies.

You. The one who crushed me and broke my heart a dozen times, yet I still keep coming back. You were the one who brought up my inner stupidity and blindness in love just when I thought that I've learned my lesson.

It felt amazing. The way I talked to you, the way I listened to your stories about her, without slowly falling apart. It was the perfect moment with you. All along, the moment I've been waiting for was that moment when I wasn't in love with you anymore. I guess you can never really tell when and how things may take a different turn. It just happened so fast, how one day I was so in love with you, and felt completely nothing the next.

Three months, twenty six days ago, I told you I was happy. I wasn't. Deep inside I wished it was me.

Two days, seventeen hours ago, I told you I was happy. I am.

I don’t know if what I felt for you was love. I was never sure of my feelings, I guess you're my wonderwall, and all of this was just infatuation. I never had the courage to tell you how I felt, because even I won’t be able to find the right words to say. But I don't regret anything, because I'm pretty damn sure that if I ever fall in love with yo, I'll just be crushed. So I'm not taking any chances.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment