An 18 year old's crisis

Leave a Comment
I think it's perfectly normal for a person to go through a phase where his entire world suddenly goes on pause and he thinks, "What do I really want to do my life?".

I'm going through that phase now.

It was just a year ago when I had everything planned out. I was so sure of it. I wanted to go to law school once I graduate, I'm going to pass the bar exams, I'm going to be a lawyer, be successful, have a family, grow old (and rich). I was so sure of everything, that it was actually pretty clear to me where  I'm heading. But just last week, everything paused. I said to myself, "Is that what I really want?". 

I was so sure but now I'm not. I'm 18, I'm a year away from graduating. I should be sure of everything by now, but it seems like everything is taking on a different turn. The world is just getting bigger and the options are just growing wider, what do I want to be that will make me happy? 

We've all had that blur. That big, wide blur that builds a wall between us and how we see ourselves in the future. This blur is suddenly building itself around me, choking me, pressuring me, because sooner or later I'm gonna have to pass through that wall. 

I don't even know what I want right now. I don't even know how I want this entry to end.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment