A Personal Theory of Our Existence

Leave a Comment

I was five when I started to believe that there was no such thing as a "young adult" phase. I just believed that one day, I'll wake up, and I'll be a full grown adult. Everything was that easy for me, thirteen years ago. It was like believing that today is Halloween then tomorrow it's Christmas, that Paris and Manila were just two doors away. As if there's no such thing as transition.

We are that transition, or at least that's how I see it.

Everyone keeps on telling me that I'm still young, that life will get harder eventually. But in the back of my mind I tell them, isn't transition the hardest phase? The universe started out pitch black. But after it's transition, everything is suddenly in perfect place. The skies were a perfect blue, the grass was green, the water was crystal clear.

So why is everyone insisting that the heartbreak I'm feeling now is the least of my problems? Didn't they fall in love at least once? Didn't they know that if it wasn't for heartbreak, they would be a hell of a lot weaker than they are today?

They tell me I'm just too lazy to study and that I'm just wasting the education I'm getting, spoken like a valedictorian. There's always a rainbow after the rain. But didn't they know that they are the rainbow, and I am the rain?

I'm eighteen. I make mistakes. But weren't we all eighteen once? So why are they talking to me like they never had a childhood, like they have never seen rain, like they've never experienced pain?

We are the transition, the change, the premise of who we will be one day. So why do people keep on pointing out my mistakes like they're a whole lot better than me?

We are different in each other's eyes. But in my 475/500 vision, we are all the same.

I am a metamorphosis, and one day everyone will see my worth too.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment