Article Commentary on "Status: Rebound"

Leave a Comment
Last week, I read an article written by Trishia Perez about a specific concept of love, or rather, like, that is called "rebound".

Like the author, I too have been a rebound. From the moment I read the article, I knew what she meant. "Rebound" is such an evil concept of love yet something that isn't new for us anymore. But what I liked about this article, though, is that it turned such a negative vibe into a positive one, because of the experience she shared. It was one thing to get over being a rebound, but a completely different thing to avoid making someone as his/her rebound.

I applaud the author for making "rebound" sound like a phase of life. Because it is. It's not just a status, or a label you can call yourself after a certain heartbreak or experience. It actually is something that you have to deal with, something you have to confront yourself with.

When I became a rebound, it was devastating. I questioned myself, my self esteem, my physical, mental and emotional competence, all summed up into one question: "Am I not good enough?" Because knowing that someone was just using you to get over someone else, apparently takes up a lot from you as a confident person. It makes you question a lot of things about yourself.

But in the end, what's important is that you know that it isn't you who's the problem. It's the other person. Because no one is better than anybody. Everyone of us is just the same, it just takes the right person to see that.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment