Me, myself, and I: No stutters, just words.

Leave a Comment
Whenever I get the chance to introduce myself to anyone, I usually start off with the words, "I'm Nicole. I'm nineteen years old", then just stutter my way to the end. I started this uncanny routine of mine with, "I'm Nicole. I'm five years old", and 14 years later, here I am, still unbelievably clueless on how to describe myself at a time like this.

So I'll probably just start with the first thing that comes to my head. Oh, that's it. I love the color black.

I also love arguing my way on and on into justifying that black really is a color. I love indie alternative music, photos, and clothing. I love going to concerts. I love watching TV series. I love the idea of being a lawyer, but I hate prepping myself to actually being one. I love morning bike rides. I love food. I love reading books.

But should I ever be banned from loving these things, then I'll just love writing instead. Oh, wait. No, I don't just love writing. If there's a word more intense than love, then that's exactly how I feel about writing.

That's why at this point right now, I'm slowly realizing that I'm not even stuttering my way into writing about myself. Probably because I'm introducing myself to you in my natural habitat, writing.

So now that that's settled, I should probably let you dig in a little deeper.

I was diagnosed with  (and later on, got rid of) pyloric stenosis when I was just a week old. One week old me had to go under two operations, poor kid. I learned how to read and write at the age of two. I started reading encyclopedias when I was three. I have social anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder with number and colors. I'm overweight. I'm insecure about my physical appearance. I have a bruised knee. I have 5 keloids.

Having to live with these things for nineteen years makes it look normal from my perspective. I'm pretty content with it, and I couldn't imagine life without these flaws and weird fetishes. But since you're already nearing the end, I should probably ask you this: Does all of these sound normal? Or is it just me?
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment