Hi, ho. Hello.

Leave a Comment
I feel really guilty about not having to write an entry for weeks. My father's day entry has been looking like a display here already so I decided to write something about the stuff that has been happening the past few days, just like I always do when I forget to blog for weeks.

Last June 12 was our country's Independence Day, and I got the chance to be a big part of it. As a CWTS student in PLM, we are required to participate in each and every holiday in the Philippines, specifically in Manila. So this is the first Philippine holiday I celebrated as a PLMayer. Me and my other schoolmates celebrated it at around 7 in the morning together with Mayor Alfredo Lim and Vice President Jejomar Binay.

So last June 19 has been our school's foundation day. The celebration was extended into three days (18th, 19th and 20th) which was really fun, it turned out really great tho I didn't get the chance to spend a lot of time with my friends since I've been really busy with the Junior Officer stuff I had to do, such as distributing the University shirts to students, helping take charge of the activities, assisting the different colleges in the parade, giving and selling out tickets to the booths, and a lot more stuff. But the good thing about this is I met and got the chance to interact with other PLMayers and got to bond with the other Junior Officers. Those 3 days will probably be one of the most memorable days in my college life because even though I didn't spend the most of it with my friends, being part of the Student Council still gave me the chance to make the most of it.

Last June 24 was Manila Day, and as expected, we celebrated it at the Bonifacio Shrine. There was a mass and also a wreath laying ceremony that was also led by the Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim. (No Photos)

And Yesterday, July 3rd, was my very first encounter of a class suspension in college. This may not be that much of a big deal, but to think that college students are barely thought of when it comes to class suspensions due to heavy rain, I was really surprised that our afternoon classes were cut. But unfortunately, the suspension also caused another cancellation of our class in IMC (Introduction to Mass Communication). This is something I was really worried about because other blocks are already ahead of us in other lessons. Luckily we will be having a make-up class this friday, 3-6PM :) 
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment