I am Maskom

Leave a Comment


They tell me I'll never really go anywhere far. 
They tell me I'm better off somewhere else. 
They tell me I'm not good enough to be who I want to be. 
They tell me a lot of things. 

But what do they know? 
People has zero clue on what goes on behind closed doors. 
And frankly, some of these people are those who seem to have a lot to say. 

I am here to make a difference. I'm one of the people who strive everyday to give a bigger meaning to words coming out of your mouth. 

The job seems big and extravagant, but the only tools I've got is a pen, a paper, and a huge room for imagination. 

That's my sanctuary, and I'm sure you have yours too. 

I wear a communication shirt proudly down the halls. 
You walk past me and think “ so will she be on TV soon?,” 
Limited, very limited. Annoying.

You have no idea of all the drafts and unorganized pages of a novel that I've been writing for more than a year. 
It's a simple stereotype that keeps me imprisoned from showing you and the rest of the world what I'm capable of. 

A lot of people tell me that I should've just gone a different path. 
Then I tell them, "What's wrong with this one? It seems fine to me."
It took me a good amount of time that it's not me who's the problem, it's society. 
I want the world to see me as I am, not as what they're conditioned to
think I am. 

If the world could open up its mind a little more, then maybe I'd seem a bit different. Maybe then I'd finally be a candidate of the world's greatest. Because that's where I, we, deserve to be.

This is who I am.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment