What is love?

Leave a Comment
My taste in films, books and music has always been a huge thing for me, and I've always dreamt that one day I'll be marrying a man with the same taste as me, and we'd be painting our house while listening to Tame Impala or Grouplove, or maybe we'd be having a picnic while re-reading Harry Potter, or maybe we'd take our first boy to a re-screening of The Breakfast Club.

But what if that's not you? What if you're not a Kenickie who secretly loves indie songs? What if you don't dig Ringo Starr? What if you haven't finished a single book all your life? What if you have no idea who Audrey Hepburn is?

But the thing is, you could be a Screamo guy and I will love you the same. You could be emo or rock 'n roll but I will still love you the same. You could be dyslexic but I'll still read my favorite books to you if that's what you want. Because I don't care. I don't care if we don't love the same things, as long as we love each other.

Because love isn't about finding the perfect match. Love is Carl putting up thousands of balloons in his chimney to be able to fly him and Ellie's house to their dream place. Love is Danny Zuko trying his best to be a jock for Sandy. Love is Khaleesi leading and protecting Khal Drogo's army after he dies. Love is Gus spending his cancer wish to be with Hazel in Amsterdam. Love is Elena taking drugs just to be able to see Damon in her imagination. Love is Allison confessing her love to Scott before she dies.

Love is despite you not knowing these people, you will try to know them and like them as much as I do. Love means trying my best to play your favorite video game, even if I suck. Love is trying to learn your favorite song using your guitar, and singing it to you on your birthday. Love is being proud to hold your hand in the middle of a crowd. Love is agreeing to name our firstborn after your favorite superhero. Love is doing impossibly possible things. Love is doing you never thought you'd do for that one person.

But most of all, love is accepting all our differences, but could still be crazy about each other at the end of the day.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment